When you unpack the Sonos player, you definitely found it easy to configure. It even scans your music folder on its own. What you may not know is that you have the option to add the streaming services to the Sonos player.
You can’t play the music available on the media player or browser from the Sonos player. The only option is the Sonos app. To broaden its horizon, you can use the Spotify or Pandora. Otherwise, the options are limited and you can use hard drive only to play the music via the Sonos system.
This doesn’t mean that you don’t have the option to explore other music content available online. There’s a whole music world available for you that you might have not heard yet. We are talking about streaming services here. Before starting discussing the services, you must subscribe to the plans in order to use them with Sonos.
To add the streaming services, you need to first register the device for that service. If you have already done the setup, then you will get the prompt message in the end but if you have finished the setup completely, then you will have to go through some tweaks which we are going to discuss in the coming up passages.
Go to ‘Manage services’ from the Sonos app and click on ‘Check for software updates’.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Online updates’.
- After registering the device, you can add streaming services according to your choice.
- Click on the ‘+’ button from the ‘Mac’ or ‘Add’ from the windows OS to add music service.
- Select the service and click to enter the login information.
- Apart from this, you can click on the ‘Add music services’ button from the ‘Music source’ menu. It will take you to the same page.
- From the mobile device like Android or iPhone, the process is quite the same. Hover to ‘main menu’ and click on ‘Add music services’.
- Go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘My services’ alternatively.
- After coming to the ‘My Services’ page, you need to click on ‘Add another account’.
- When you add any new service, you will be prompted to enter the login details again and again for verification of subscription. If you have not created an account yet on the service, you need to sign-up first from the computer browser.
- If all the services are not available on the screen, go to the ‘Drop-down’ menu from the left top corner and select ‘All services’.
- The only limitation in using the services is that you can use only those services which are already subscribed. If you are not a premium member of Spotify, you won’t be able to use it with the Sonos System. Still, there are options that you can use to make most of your new Sonos player listening to the music you love the most.