On getting this message on the screen, most of us get irritated and start finding solutions online. This message appears if there is some problem with the app or is not detecting the speakers. This problem can be easily fixed through steps mentioned in the post. If you are getting problem in adding the Sonos player to the existing Sonos, then contact Sonos support.
First of all, you need to select the type of ‘Sonos setup’ whether wired or wireless. For wireless setup, the troubleshooting steps are mentioned here as under:
- Ensure that the controller is connected to the home network: The error message ‘Sonos not found’ generally appears if the controller is not connected to the network or on the same network to which the Sonos is installed. If you have recently made any changes to the network, then connect the Sonos and the controller to the same network.
- Check whether the wireless network is enabled and connected. For this, go to ‘Wireless settings’ from the computer, phone or tablet and check the Wi-Fi to which it is connected. You will find these settings in the device but not in the app.
- Device must be within the range of router: If you are connecting to the extender which is not within the range, then you will get the connection problem.
- Connect to the right wireless network: There is special feature available in the smart devices that lets these devices to connect to the Wi-Fi automatically once detected. So, if you are at home or in the office, don’t forget to check the name of Wi-Fi to which you are connected. If it is guest or public network, you will get the error message.
- After confirming the wireless network, if you are still getting the same message with the Sonos system, then go to the next troubleshooting step.
- Have you recently made any changes to the Wi-Fi password or in the router:
If you have recently made the below-mentioned changes on the router, you will get ‘Sonos not found’ message on screen.
- Wireless SSID.
- Router’s Wi-Fi password.
To configure the Sonos with the new settings, go through the link mentioned on our ‘Help’ page.
- Try connecting another device with the Sonos app:
If you find it difficult to connect the Sonos to the Sonos app, then try connecting the different device which has Sonos app installed. If another device like a phone or tablet is also not connecting, then there is some problem with the Sonos app. Contact for further assistance. Yes, if you get success in connecting the device to the Sonos app but not from the Mac or PC, then check the firewall settings. It may prevent the app from opening due to security issues.