When you reset the device to factory default, all the settings get deleted and the device comes back into the original state it was in when you purchased for your home. The method of resetting the device differs from device to device. If you are searching for the steps to reset the Sonos player, then this guide is for you. One thing to mention here is that when you factory reset any device all the data and settings will be deleted forever and you have to re-configure it in order to start using again. You can take backup of data either in the external drive or in the email cloud account.
How to reset the playbar, bridge, and boost.
- Turn off the Sonos player by removing the power cable.
- Wait for some minutes and connect the device again. Press the mute button along with the connect button from the Sonos remote. In some remotes, you will find the ‘Connect button’ instead of the ‘Mute button’. The latter is available in the bridge and boost model.
- Connect the device to the power and press the mute button.
- Release the mute button and connect the cable to the power socket.
- Check the status LED on the hardware from the right-hand side of playbar. If the LED changes from white to solid amber, then it means the unit is successfully reset. On the bridge unit, release the connect button and check the amber light.
- Wait for some time till the light flashes Unison. When the light turns green or starts flashing green, this is an indication for factory reset.
The process to reset controller: Handheld Sonos
- Open ‘Settings’ from the main menu.
- Open ‘Controller’ under settings.
- Select ‘Advanced’ settings.
- Tap ‘Factory reset’ from the given options.
Sonos Controller for PC and Mac
- Click ‘Help’ from the controller.
- Open the ‘Reset’ controller to remove the current settings.
Sonos for Android or iOS devices
- Shutdown the Sonos app from the smartphone or tablet if currently running.
- Open ‘Settings’ from the home screen.
- Under settings, Reset controller option is available. Tap to restore the device to the factory settings.
- Re-launch the Sonos app on mobile and try to create a connection through the controller.
This is all about the steps to reset the Sonos. We recommend you to try these steps at least once if you are facing any problem with the controller, soundbar or bridge. These steps will definitely solve the issues encountering on such devices.