When you perform the factory reset on any device, it bring the device back into the state it was in when you bought at home. The factory reset process differs according to the device. If you are going to factory reset a router, then steps will be different and if you reset the Sonos Speaker Setup the steps are different. One thing that must be clear to the user is when you reset the device, all the settings and data will be erased permanently. So, first note down the settings at some other place or backup data on your email address, then proceed with the steps to perform factory reset.
Reset the playbar, bridge and boost
- Disconnect the power cable from the Sonos Connect playbar and bridge unit.
- Wait for 5 minutes and connect the power cable again to the device. From the Sonos remote, press the Mute button or connect button whichever is available on your model. It varies from model to model like Connect button is in bridge and boost.
- While holding the mute button, connect the cable to the power outlet.
- Release the button now and check the indicator status light from the right hand side of the playbar unit. The LED light will change from white to solid amber. Release the connect button from the bridge unit when you notice the amber light start flashing.
- Just hold on for a while till the playbar lights flash in unison. Wait for the light to turn green or start flashing green. In both the cases, the device will successfully reset.
Reset the controller: Handheld Sonos
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the main menu.
- Select ‘Controller’ settings.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- Select ‘Factory reset’ from the given options.
Sonos Controller for PC and Mac
- Tap ‘Help’ from the controller program.
- Go to ‘Reset’ controller to remove the currently configured settings.
Sonos controller for Android and iOS devices
- Close the Sonos app from your smartphone or tablet if currently open.
- Go to ‘Settings’ from the home screen.
- From there, you will find ‘Reset controller’ option. Click on it to restore the device to factory settings.
- Re-open the Sonos app on mobile and try to create a connection with controller.
In this manner, the factory reset function can be performed on Sonos playbar, controller and bridge. We hope you will find these steps helpful and will surely try on your device.