Factory reset sonos – When you’re troubleshooting a device, it’s a good idea to reset it to factory settings. Resetting the device will set it back to its original configuration and deletes any settings you’ve changed.
You should first make sure you have your phone or tablet connected directly to the network. This can be done via rescanning or manually entering the network name.
Do note that this procedure may vary depending on the operating system you use (Android, iOS), so follow in detail the steps included in the article.
One thing to mention here is that when you factory reset any device all the data and settings will be deleted forever and you have to re-configure it in order to start using again.
You can take backup of data either in the external drive or in the email cloud account.
How to Reset Factory Reset On Sonos
- Turn off the Sonos player by removing the power cable.
- Wait for some minutes and connect the device again. Press the mute button along with the connect button from the Sonos remote. In some remotes, you will find the ‘Connect button’ instead of the ‘Mute button’. The latter is available in the bridge and boost model.
- Connect the device to the power and press the mute button.
- Release the mute button and connect the cable to the power socket.
- Check the status LED on the hardware from the right-hand side of playbar. If the LED changes from white to solid amber, then it means the unit is successfully reset. On the bridge unit, release the connect button and check the amber light.
- Wait for some time till the light flashes Unison. When the light turns green or starts flashing green, this is an indication for factory reset.
The process to reset controller: Handheld Sonos
- Open ‘Settings’ from the main menu.
- Open ‘Controller’ under settings.
- Select ‘Advanced’ settings.
- Tap ‘Factory reset’ from the given options.
Sonos Controller for PC and Mac
- Click ‘Help’ from the controller.
- Open the ‘Reset’ controller to remove the current settings.
Sonos for Android or iOS devices
- Shutdown the Sonos app from the smartphone or tablet if currently running.
- Open ‘Settings’ from the home screen.
- Under settings, Reset controller option is available.
- Tap to restore the device to the factory settings.
- Re-launch the Sonos app on mobile and try to create a connection through the controller.
This is all about the steps to reset the Sonos. We recommend you to try these steps at least once if you are facing any problem with the controller, soundbar or bridge. These steps will definitely solve the issues encountering on such devices.